Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Birthday is coming .

SO , My birthday is next weekend .  I have been thinking about what I want and it came to me while watching a PBS documentary on Louis "Satchmo" Armstorng .  I want a record player !!!!! I want to go to the store and buy vinyl records.  Although I am not "old"  per se (Lord knows that's relative ! ) , I am feeling very nostalgic and I want to hear the crackle and pop of a record in a song while it plays. I want to hear that sound when the needle first touches the album and you are waiting for the song to come on .This sound  !! I want to hear sounds that were specifically arranged to be captured on record , not remastered.

Thus I am currently in search of one , and much to my surprise , they are not obsolete.  The internet continues to be a resource and Amazon online had tons of options including ones that will allow me to convert to MP3 files.

You may be thinking to yourself , didn't I just read two "fight the powers that be " posts from you the other day , why the switch up ?  They say music soothes , yes?  Thus , after I get worked up like that , there is a high probability that you are going to get a music post . The explanation for that is in my discussion of the naming of my blog in  My symphony of a life .

Roy Ayers - Ubiquity
Herbie Hancock - Empyrean Isles
I was asked by my sister in law to share my top ten albums that I would want to initially acquire , and they are as follows (in no particular order )  :
Loose Ends - Zargora

Duke Ellington  Live at Newport 1956
John Coltrane - Live at the Village Vanguard 1961

The Roots - Illadelph Halflife

Having a really hard time finding the vinyl , even online 
Love Jones - Original Soundtrack
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders


De La Soul - Buhloone Mind State
A Tribe Called Quest _ Peoples Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythms




What do you think ?  Any suggestions?  Do you know where a great vendor that would have Jazz , Hip Hop , RnB vinyls ? Please share, as I need to quiet my spirit.

As always , thank you for reading .

Lana.

No comments:

Post a Comment